You are here > Home > Reading Lists > Information Systems, Medical Records & Technology Books > Advances in Healthcare Technology: Shaping the Future of Medical Care
Advances in Healthcare Technology: Shaping the Future of Medical Care
Gerhard Spekowius, Thomas Wendler (Eds.)
Hardcover: 306 pages
(click button below for the very best currently available price for this important resource)
This book describes valued contributions of technology for improving hospital and home healthcare, and gives a perspective on how they will influence critical aspects of future medical care.
It provides an overview and discussion of trends, presents the state-of-the-art of important research areas, and highlights recent breakthrough results in selected fields, giving an outlook on game-changing developments in the coming decades.
Improving healthcare and staying healthy is one of the most discussed and important issues in our society. Technology has played and will play an important role in many aspects of the healthcare system, and it offers new and better ways to solve the key health problems of the new century.
The material is arranged in 6 parts and a total of 31 chapters. The healthcare areas addressed are: General advances and trends in healthcare technology, diagnostic imaging, integration of imaging and therapy, molecular medicine, medical information technology and personal healthcare. Topics fully covered include:
- Trends in Health Care: Advances and Trends in Healthcare Technology.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic Imaging.- Reconstruction Technologies For Medical Imaging Systems.- Detectors For X-Ray Imaging And Computed Tomography.- 3d-Rotational X-Ray Imaging.- Coronary Magnetic Resonance Angiography.- 4-Dimensional Ultrasonic Imaging.- Clinical Hybrid Imaging: Image Co-Registration And Hardware Combination For Pet/Ct And Spect/Ct.
- Integration of Diagnostic Imaging and Therapy: New Technology For Image-Guided Therapy.- Image-Guided Therapy (Igt): New Ct And Hybrid Imaging Technologies.- Developments In Cardiac Interventions.- Mri-Guided Focused Ultrasound.- Advances In External Beam Radiation Therapy.- Molecular Imaging Guided Radiotherapy.
- Molecular Medicine: Molecular Medicine.- Molecular Imaging Systems.- Biomarkers In Disease Diagnosis And Treatment.- Molecular Agents For Targeted Imaging And Therapy.- Targeted Nanoparticles For Molecular Imaging And Therapy.- Molecular Imaging With Annexin A5.- Proteomics For Diagnostic Applications.
- Medical Informatics: Medical Information Technology.- Developments In Clinical Information Technology.- Computer Aided Detection & Quantification.- Medical Decision Support Systems.- Bioinformatics.
- Personal Health Care: Perspectives In Personal Healthcare.- On-Body Sensors For Personal Healthcare.- Automated External Defibrillators For Layperson Use.- Remote Patient Monitoring Solutions.- Diabetic Care.
This book has been written for medical doctors and practitioners; advanced technical staff of hospitals; people involved in healthcare related decision making such as executives, finance directors, boards of directors, governmental administration, research funding institutions, healthcare providers, hospital administration, and clinical and academic scientists interested in healthcare related research (including advanced students).
(information about this book has been provided by the publisher)
You may also be interested in The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /