Handbook on Injectable Drugs, 16th Edition
Lawrence A. Trissel; American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
1,680+ pages, 8.5" x 11"
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
(click below for the very best currently available price for this important resource)
This precise stability and compatibility information provided by the Handbook on Injectable Drugs enables healthcare professionals to ensure the accurate and appropriate delivery of drug therapy.
There are now 2,788 references. It's a cover-to-cover update instilling confidence in the decisions.
About the Full-Size Versions: By arranging this critical injectable drug information in a single, reliable source with easy-to-read tables, healthcare professionals can provide patients with safer and more effective medication therapy. Inside you'll find:
- Over 340 drug monographs, including 47 non-U.S. drugs
- Drugs listed alphabetically by generic name for efficient searching, with brand names also listed
- AHFS classification numbers for each drug conveniently refers users to in-depth therapeutic data in AHFS Drug Information
- Tabulated results from primary research on the compatibility of the listed drug with infusion solutions and other drugs. Four compatibility tables are provided for each drug: solution, additive, syringe, and Y-site
- Storage requirements and general stability information, including pH, freezing, exposure to light, sorption and filtration characteristics, and repackaging information
- Key product data including common sizes, strengths, volumes, and forms in which the drug is supplied. Also includes pH, osmotic value, and other important product information
- Cross-referenced monographs with AHFS Drug Information, the premier source of drug information
- Answers to frequently asked questions regarding the preparation, storing, and administration of injectable drugs
About the Interactive CD: It helps you determine drug compatibility in an instant. Use the CD-ROM to:
- Check compatibility by screening up to five drugs and/or solutions simultaneously
- Access the complete Handbook on Injectable Drugs monograph for each drug
- Search concise table summaries of compatibility results
- Link to PubMed to access original research
- ....and MUCH more!
ASHP is the 30,000-member national professional association that represents pharmacists who practice in hospitals, health maintenance organizations, long-term care facilities, home care, and other components of health care systems. ASHP, which has a long history of medication-error prevention efforts, believes that the mission of pharmacists is to help people make the best use of medicines.
Assisting pharmacists in fulfilling this mission is ASHP's primary objective. The Society has extensive publishing and educational programs designed to help members improve their professional practice, and it is the national accrediting organization for pharmacy residency and pharmacy technician training programs.
You may also be interested in these drug resources:
Medical Drug Reference - Mosby, book & PDA
Medication Teaching Manual - ASHP, for patient education
MedTeach Software - ASHP, customizable software & teaching sheets for patient education
Nursing Drug Guide - Lippincott
Nursing Drug Guide - Springhouse
Nursing Drug Handbook - Lippincott
Nursing Drug Reference - Mosby, book, CD, or PDA
PDR - Thomson PDR
PDR Drug Guide for Mental Health Professionals - Thomson PDR
PDR for Nonprescription Drugs & Dietary Supplements - Thomson PDR
PDR for Ophthalmic Medicines - Thomson PDR
PDR Guide to Terrorism Response - Thomson PDR
PDR Nurse's Drug Handbook - Thomson PDR
Red Book - Thomson PDR
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /