Health Care Management
Donald N. Lombardi, John R. Schermerhorn, Jr. with Brian E. Kramer
Softcover: 456 pages
(click the button below for the very best available price)
Managing a health services organization is a difficult task that requires the right mindset and skills. Critical decisions must be made on a daily basis and the person must be up to the challenge.
Health Care Management will provide readers with the tools to meet these challenges. They'll gain a practical understanding of organizational principles, practices, and insight needed to successfully manage their health services organizations. Topics covered include:
- Stepping Into Management.
- Meeting the Challenge.
- Doing the Right Thing.
- Organizing the Workplace.
- Managing Teams.
- Managing Resources.
- Planning and Controlling.
- Managerial and Supervisory Planning.
- Keeping Things in Check.
- Making Major Choices.
- Leading and Influencing.
- Leading Others.
- Motivating Others.
- Change Leadership in the Workplace.
Donald N. Lombardi is associate academic director of Seton Hall University and the principal partner of CHR/InterVista, a health care management consulting firm in Mt. Arlington, New Jersey.
Dr. John R. Schermerhorn, Jr. is the Charles G. O'Bleness Professor of Management in the College of Business at Ohio University, and formerly served as Director of the Ohio University Center for Southeast Asian Studies. He earned a Ph. D. in organizational behavior from Northwestern University and an M.B.A. (with distinction) in management and international business from New York University. Dr. Schermerhorn previously taught at Tulane University, The University of Vermont, and Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, where he served as Head of the Department of Management and Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration. A specialist in general management, organizational change and interorganizational cooperation, his clients have included Corning Glass Works, Pepsico, Inc., American Bankers Association, New England Hospital Assembly, Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation, Petroleous de Venezuela, and the Vietnam Training Center for Radio and Television, among other organizations.
With this book, you will be able to:
- Understand the health care supervisor’s job, roles, functions, and authority.
- Respond to common types of ethical dilemmas.
- Explore the fundamentals of organizational structures.
- Lead and develop work teams that are efficient, focused, and flexible.
- Examine the legal and labor issues that impact human resource management.
- Implement planning tools and techniques.
- Use controls to assess performance, improve processes, and boost quality.
- Make smart decisions with effective strategies for analyzing situations.
- Become an effective leader and guide others through challenging times.
- Develop outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
(information from the publisher)
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /