Hiring a New Associate: Tips to Find Dr. Right
Neil Baum, MD
Softbound Book + bonus CD-ROM
Size: 8.5" x 11" book + CD-ROM
HCPro / Opus Communications
(click button below for the very best currently available price for this substantial resource)
This comprehensive, how-to book and CD-ROM set gives you expert information on how to woo and hire a top-quality physician for your practice.
Recruiting the right associate is essential for the success of your practice. But with the current physician shortage, finding and retaining a top-quality associate is no easy task. It is more critical than ever to have a proper recruitment process in place to help you find your Dr. Right.
Hiring a New Associate will guide you step-by-step through the arduous process of recruiting a new physician, from deciding to hire a new partner, to negotiating a contract, to transitioning the new associate into the practice.
The included CD-ROM contains easy-to-modify tools you can customize to your practice. You will have, for example, model letters, sample forms, guidances, and contracts all conveniently located on the companion CD-ROM. You can easily access and tailor these resources to fit the specific needs of your practice. This book and CD-ROM resource covers every aspect of the recruitment process, including:
- Looking for candidates in all the right places - This chapter will show you where to look and how to successfully attract potential candidates.
- Screening potential candidates - Through sample questions and guidance, learn techniques to screen candidates over the phone and review resumes efficiently so you don't waste your time and money. Also, read how to include the candidate's family in the process.
- Presenting your opportunity to candidates - Learn how to create a knock-your-socks-off presentation to get the best candidates to visit your practice.
- Conducting background checks - The basics of checking references: How to do it, what legal issues are involved, and how to generate useful information from these references.
- Scheduling the on-site visit - This chapter discusses how to invite a candidate, how to confirm a visit date, what questions to ask, and what information to get from the candidate before hanging up the phone.
- Making the best of the on-site visit - Learn how to use the on-site visit to showcase not only your practice, but your community as well.
- Keeping the ball rolling after the site visit - This chapter discusses how to proceed after the on-site visit and emphasizes the importance of the continuing discussions with the best candidates.
- Negotiating a contract, offering a position, and closing the deal - Learn the techniques of “asking for the sale” using tried-and-true methods to land that prized candidate.
- Helping the new associate acclimate - You'll get time-tested advice on how to transition the new associate into your practice, including a checklist you should complete prior to the new doctor’s first day. It also gives you ideas to market and promote your new partner to the medical community, your existing patients, and the general community.
When completed correctly, the recruitment process should not only result in the successful acclimation of a new associate, but it should also save your practice valuable time and money. Using the strategies outlined in this book, you'll be able to identify and hire a physician who fits your practice's needs - the most important step toward improved physician retention.
Hiring a New Associate: Tips to Find Dr. Right is a straightforward, cost-effective way to solve your physician recruitment problems. Written by a physician and an expert in physician recruitment who has more than 10 years of experience, this book offers practical, field-tested advice and proven recruitment techniques.
Neil Baum, MD, a renowned urologist from New Orleans, has over 35 years of experience in healthcare, encompassing practicing medicine, academic positions, and business aspects of medical practice management. Dr. Baum uses his real world experience to work with practices in selecting and implementing information technology, attaining efficiencies in practice operations, motivating staff and improving performance, marketing of the practice and its services, and in numerous other areas. Dr. Baum is an active staff member and practicing urologist at Touro Infirmary in New Orleans, LA, Memorial Medical Center in New Orleans, LA, and East Jefferson General Hospital in Metairie, LA. In addition, Dr. Baum remains active in academics as an Associate Clinical Professor of Urology at Tulane Medical School and at Louisiana State University Medical School, both in New Orleans, LA. An enthusiastic educator, Dr. Baum regularly speaks to practices, hospitals, and pharmaceutical and medical manufacturing companies on practice management, guerilla marketing and practice promotion, motivation, and improving communications between physicians and patients. He is also active in publishing efforts, having written five books and over 115 articles for various publications and given over 160 presentations across the country.
With more than 17 years of experience, HCPro, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated information, education, training, and consulting products and services in the vital areas of healthcare regulation and compliance. The company's mission is to meet the specialized informational, advisory, and educational needs of the healthcare industry. As an acknowledged industry authority in healthcare regulation and compliance, HCPro focuses on providing expertise in the areas of accreditation, medical staff affairs, credentialing, privileging, medical record management, nursing management, finance, quality/patient safety, infection control, workplace safety and regulatory compliance.
(information from the publisher)
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /