Insurance and Risk Management Strategies for Physicians and Advisors
edited by Dr. David Marcinko, CMP, MBA, CFP
Softcover, 332 pages
Jones & Bartlett
(click the button below for the very best currently available price for this important resource)
Risk Management and Insurance Planning for Physicians and Advisors is an essential book for physicians because it explains to both physicians and insurance professionals the background, theory, and practicalities of medical risk management and insurance planning.
For practicing physicians, selecting a knowledgeable insurance advisor and developing a comprehensive personal and corporate risk management plan can be a daunting task. The insurance haze is lifted by this editor and his team of contributing authors.
As a consequence of today’s litigious environment in the healthcare industry, physicians must now carefully assess their personal and practice risks as they seek to be indemnified should an event or cause of action occur. This process requires integrated knowledge of the healthcare industrial complex, as well as the rapidly changing insurance industry.
Risk Management and Insurance Planning for Physicians and Advisors fulfills its promise as a peerless tool for physicians wanting to make good decisions about the risks they face.
It is also ideal for financial planners, insurance agents and healthcare business advisors wishing to re-educate and help doctors by adding lasting value to their client relationships. With time at a premium for all, and so much information packed into one well-organized resource, this book should be on the desk of every physician, or financial advisor serving the healthcare space.
Simply stated, if you read this compelling text with a mind focused on the future, the time you spend will be amply rewarded. Contributed articles include:
- Insuring the Doctor's Life (Understanding Life Insurance ... Personal Strategies for Physicians) Gary A. Cook
- Insuring the Doctor's Property and Possessions (Guarding Your Stuff ... Against Man and Nature) Gary A. Cook
- Insuring the Doctor's Practice (Protecting the Business ... Earning a Living)
Gary A. Cook
- Risks of Medical Practice Non-Compete Agreements (Restricted Covenants Vital ... Often Contentious and Subject to Interpretation) Frederick William LaCava
- Documentation and Medical Recording Risks (No Longer a Reflection of Reality ... Now, the Reality Itself) Frederick William LaCava
- Healthcare Organization Compliance and Risk Management (An Impossible Task ... But Doctors Are Responsible) Patricia A. Trities
- Risk Management in Modern Medical Practice (It’s Not Just About Medical Malpractice ... Anymore!) Charles F. Fenton, III, David Edward Marcinko
- Sexual Harassment in Medical Practice (He Said, She Said ... There is no Quid Pro Quo) Vivki L. Buba
- Medical Office Workplace Violence Risks (Pondering the Unthinkable ... Preventing and Planning for the Horrific) W. Barry Nixon
- Medical Malpractice and Tort Reform Risks (Crisis ... or Red Herring?) Robert James Cimasi
- Capitation Liability Risks (Risk Retention Groups ... Salvation or Ruination for the Malpractice Crisis?) David Edward Marcinko, Charles F. Fenton, III
- Medical Malpractice Trial Risks (A Necessary Evil ... or Simply Evil?) Jay S. Grife
- Financial and Operative Risks of Divorce (Keeping it Civil and Equitable ... Not Going Broke) Anju D. Jessani
- Asset Protection Strategies for Doctors (What is at Risk ... How to Protect, It!) Edward J. Rappaport, J. Christopher Miller
- Selecting Insurance Agents and Risk Management Advisors (Understanding Hidden Agendas ... Wisely Choosing Consultants) David Edward Marcinko, Hope Rachel Hetico, Rachel Pentin-Maki
"This book is an excellent primer for physicians of all levels and interests providing important personal and professional advice. It is “must reading” for all medical students who need a fundamental understanding of the current healthcare environment and is equally important to the established physician executive looking for a reference on topics like capitation or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)." -- David C. Stockwell, MD and Anthony D. Slonim, MD, MPH, American College of Physician Executives
Dr. David Marcinko, CMP, MBA, CFP, Principal, Medical Business Advisors, is a healthcare economist, adjunctive clinical professor and former private practitioner from Temple University, in Philadelphia. In the past, he edited three practice management textbooks and four personal financial planning books for physicians and healthcare professionals. His clinical publications are archived in the Library of Congress, and the Library of Medicine at the National Institute of Health. His economic thought leadership essays have been referenced by Investment Advisor Magazine, Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), American College of Physician Executives (ACPE), JAMA.ama-assn.org, Healthcare Management Associates (HMA), CFP© Biz (Journal of Financial Planning), Financial Planner’s Library Online, and the Business of Medical Practice, among others. A favorite on the lecture circuit, Dr. Marcinko speaks frequently to medical societies and financial institutions throughout the country, in an entertaining and witty fashion.
(information from the publisher)
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /