Please note: You may wish to make your selection according to publication date. However, keep in mind any book not yet published can be easily pre-ordered.
Softbound: 8.5" x 11"
Ingenix / Thomson Delmar
(click below for the very best currently available price for this important resource)
Softbound: 8.5" x 11"
Ingenix / Thomson Delmar
(click below for the very best available price for the 2011 edition)
This is your up-to-date compilation of current insurance company information for those who submit health care claims. This best-selling and valuable directory provides a comprehensive listing of insurance companies handling medical claims - a resource for those who submit claims.
Many insurance companies have changed their addresses, phone or fax numbers, or websites in the past year. Ingenix verifies the accuracy of the Insurance Directory by calling each insurance company listed to provide you with the information you need to process claims with confidence. They assure the validity and accuracy of the Insurance Directory by verifying and updating the information published each year.
- Alphabetized lists of insurance carriers for each state. Fast look-up.
- An appendix of State Workers' Compensation Boards with names, addresses, phone and fax numbers. Save time and speed up acquisition of information. Expedite the acquisition of information, forms and schedules with an appendix of state workers’ compensation boards. Complete with names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, as well as web addresses, provided to help reach the appropriate personnel without delay.
- Know exactly who to contact in any state for questions regarding a claim. A complete listing of state insurance commissioners is provided.
- E-mail and web address listings. Avoid cumbersome web searching. No need to spend unproductive time searching for email or web addresses. This contact information is included in the Insurance Directory.
- Easily locate insurers that don't always list their claims offices in the phone book with a complete one-stop resource of state and local listings. Feel assured that names, addresses and phone numbers are up to date. Company information is validated annually through personal calls to each and every office.
- Locate full contact information fast, with complete addresses, phone and fax numbers of the insurance commissioner for each state.
- Know exactly whom to contact for questions regarding a claim within any state. A complete listing of state insurance commissioners is provided.
- Find out whether an insurer requires prior authorization for contracted plans. Save time by seeing at a glance whether an insurer requires prior authorization for contracted plans. An icon designating these instances makes this requirement easy to identify.
- Alphabetized index of national companies with centralized claims offices. Identify with confidence which insurance companies have centralized their claims operations.
- Avoid unnecessary claim denials due to incomplete or erroneous paperwork. Step-by-step instructions make submissions easier. Instructions for the CMS-1500 form make submissions easier to complete.
You can view a few sample pages of a previous edition of this directory.
Ingenix offers practical results-oriented services for coding, physician documentation, billing compliance, and reimbursement for hospitals and physicians, and more. Thousands of physicians and health care professionals rely on Ingenix for expert advice. When you purchase Ingenix materials, you are benefiting from 100+ years of combined experience and expertise.
Please remember: The government no longer allows a grace period for annual code sets. The new HIPAA Transaction and Code Set Rule requires providers to use national medical code sets that are valid at the time that a service is provided. ICD-9-CM code revisions become effective October 1st each year while CPT and HCPCS code revisions become effective January 1st. In order for you to meet this requirement, you must have the revised CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM codes in your possession before the implementation dates. The best way to do this is to order your code books early. Review current coding resources.
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /