Medicare Desk Reference for Physicians, Updateable
Please note: This loose-leaf binder and CD-ROM set is always current,, and, is also updateable. It will contain up-to-date information when you purchase it and you can insert your free updates on an ongoing basis.
Loose Leaf Binder + bonus CD-ROM + updates
Size: 9" x 10"
AAPC CEU Credit(s): 6
Ingenix / Medicode
(click below for the best currently available price for this updateable loose leaf binder)
The Medicare Desk Reference for Physicians is a comprehensive guide providing detailed explanations for Medicare's Part B billing and payment rules. Medicare Desk Reference for Physicians is an easy-to-understand Medicare Part B billing and payment rules reference.
You’ll find answers to your coverage and reimbursement questions without wasting valuable time researching through multiple resources. With a full year of updates you’ll also stay current with Medicare Part B billing changes:
- Improve coding and documentation efficiency. Medicare topics are organized in an A-to-Z format with a comprehensive index at the front of the book, reducing the time spent searching for answers to Medicare’s complex payment policies.
- Reduce claim denials due to billing errors. CMS-1500 instructions help you fill out the form completely and accurately, allowing for cleaner Medicare claim submission.
- Medicare Part B information for the entire medical office. File accurate Medicare Part B claims based on the most current requirements the first time—minimize the potential exposure to fraud and abuse allegations.
- Stay current with Medicare Part B billing changes. A full year of updates — including fraud alerts — keeps you informed right away when CMS revises federal policies and regulations. Eliminate rejected and delayed claims due to billing errors resulting from use of out-of-date policies. Updated twice a year and action alerts are included.
- Earn CEUs from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Secure up to 5 CEUs awarded by the AAPC.
- Alert icons keep users informed as to which topics have specific coding and billing requirements that call for additional documentation.
Karen H. Kachur, RN, CPC, has expertise in Physicians' Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), HCPCS Level II, and ICD-9-CM coding, as well as physician billing, compliance, and fraud and abuse. She worked for many years as a staff RN in a variety of clinical settings, including medicine, surgery, intensive care, psychiatry, and geriatrics. In addition, she was the assistant director of a hospital utilization management and quality assurance department. She also has extensive experience as a nurse reviewer for Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
You can view sample pages here.
Ingenix offers practical results-oriented services for coding, physician documentation, billing compliance, reimbursement, training services for hospitals and physicians, and more. Learn from the experts who help write the books other consultants are using. Thousands of physicians and health care professionals rely on Ingenix for expert advice. Start benefiting from 100+ years of combined experience and expertise. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Please remember that the government no longer allows a grace period for annual code sets. The new HIPAA Transaction and Code Set Rule requires providers to use national medical code sets that are valid at the time that a service is provided. ICD-9-CM code revisions become effective October 1st each year while CPT and HCPCS code revisions become effective January 1st. In order for you to meet this requirement, you must have the revised CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9-CM codes in your possession before the implementation dates. The best way to do this is to order your code books early.
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /