MGMA Cost Survey: Multispecialty Practices Report
Medical Group Management Association
Please note: When purchasing MGMA annual surveys, please pay attention to the publication dates. MGMA normally collects data from one year, names the survey for the following year, and publishes the data midway through, or at the end of the third year. Therefore, for example, a 2008 survey, based on 2007 data, but published in early 2009 will be useable throughout 2010, a 2009 survey with 2008 data published in early 2010 will be useable through 2011, and so on. The following surveys are the most current surveys available at this time.
2008 Edition (based on 2007 data)
Softbound Book: 325 pages
Size: 8.5" x 11"
January 2009, for use in 2009 - 2010
(click below for the very best currently available price for this important resource)
You need specialized data to realize the full benefits of benchmarking. That’s why the Medical Group Management Association survey reports drill down to the details that matter. The annual Cost Survey Report, one of our most popular measurement tools, enables you to make key expense comparisons — relevant to your practice size and specialty — to aid high-level financial management and operational decision-making.
You’ll find solutions faster, focusing vital resources on patient care and practice performance.
Cost Survey: Multispecialty Practices Report reveals critical, detailed information, helping practices to make high-level financial and operational decisions, diagnose areas for improvement, and strengthen performance.
Year after year, the nation's top practice managers rely on MGMA for data to make critical decisions. The MGMA's Cost Surveys deliver reliable, relevant information to aid in critical organizational decisions. You may sample this publication by viewing the following excerpts here:
This survey includes:
- Data on multispecialty practices
- Highly detailed data categories with multilevel operating cost breakouts
- Information for a wide range of multi-specialty groups in one volume
- Comprehensive accounts receivable data and capitation, fee-for-service charges and revenues
- Exhaustive detail for staffing and operating cost, broken out per physician, per provider, per patient, per square foot, as a percent of total medical revenue, per total RVU and per work RVU for both not hospital or IDS-owned and hospital or IDS-owned practices
- Revenue performance data including accounts receivable, charges, payer mix and procedural volume
You can use the data to:
- Answer day-to-day financial management questions quickly and enhance your bottom line by examining cost and revenue sources more closely
- Develop models and make assumptions for use in strategic planning
- Benchmark your costs against other organizations with similar profiles and perform detailed comparisons to highlight improvement areas in your organization
- Compare cost data by category to identify possible improvement areas in your practice
- Determine how payer mix can affect your practice, and review staffing levels compared to total revenue and other variables
- Use cost reduction to improve profitability — even in a sluggish economy
- Base staffing decisions on medical revenue and other variables
The MGMA been the source of indispensable benchmarking resources for more than 50 years, and medical group administrators, physicians, hospital executives, CPAs, consultants and lawyers depend on the information and insight they deliver. MGMA, founded in 1926, is the nation’s principal voice for medical group practice. MGMA’s 19,000 members manage and lead more than 11,500 organizations in which more than 237,000 physicians practice. MGMA’s core purpose is to improve the effectiveness of medical group practices and the knowledge and skills of the individuals who manage and lead them. MGMA headquarters are in Englewood, Colorado.
For information about other MGMA reports, please go to our Data & Benchmarks page.
(information about this publication has been provided by the publisher)
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /