MGMA Management Compensation Survey Report
Medical Group Management Association
Please note: When purchasing MGMA annual surveys, please pay attention to the publication dates. MGMA normally collects data from one year, names the survey for the following year, and publishes the data midway through, or at the end of the third year. Therefore, for example, a 2010 survey, based on 2009 data, but published in early 2011 will be useable throughout 2012, a 2011 survey with 2010 data published in early 2012 will be useable through 2013, and so on. The following surveys are the most current surveys available at this time.
2009 Edition (based on 2008 data)
Softbound Book: 325+ pages
Size: 8.5" x 11"
January 2010, for use in 2010 - 2011
(click below for the very best currently available price for this important resource)
Know where you stand. Goal-driven organizations understand the need to measure and compare key financial and operational factors.
From costs and compensation to individual production and overall performance, knowing where your medical practice stands against peer organizations is the first step in taking it to the next level. Year after year, the nation's top practice managers rely on MGMA for data to make critical decisions.
The MGMA Management Compensation Survey Report reveals critical, detailed information, helping practices assess the essential links between pay and performance. MGMA has put this data together:
- Data on medical practice professionals in several management and leadership positions, including physician recruitment director
- More than 7,000 medical practice professionals
- 1,700 medical practices
- 90 management and leadership positions, including new positions — chief information officer, front office supervisor, transcriptionist specialist, physician recruitment director, etc.
- Positions within both physician-owned and hospital/integrated delivery system-owned practices
- Compensation by select single specialties
Skilled managers directly affect practice performance and patient care, but it takes specialized information to know whether management compensation levels are appropriate. This detailed report delivers focused data for analyzing salaries by a number of critical variables. With precise information at your disposal, you can more accurately assess your own compensation and benefits — and those of others within your practice — to structure competitive packages in line with your organization’s financial condition. You will find many uses for this information, including to:
- Benchmark, forecast and prepare compensation plans
- Set your own income standards reflective of the market, peer groups and organizational characteristics
- Determine key professional traits that influence organizational performance and success
- Examine and consider how different compensation methods, experience, educational levels and credentials affect compensation
- Negotiate fair compensation commensurate with individual qualifications and organizational goals
To view other MGMA surveys, please go to our Data Resource page. MGMA, founded in 1926, is the nation’s principal voice for medical group practice. MGMA’s 19,000 members manage and lead more than 11,500 organizations in which more than 237,000 physicians practice. MGMA’s core purpose is to improve the effectiveness of medical group practices and the knowledge and skills of the individuals who manage and lead them. MGMA headquarters are in Englewood, Colorado.
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /