Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook
Barbara B. Hodgson, RN, OCN; Robert J. Kizior, BS, RPh
Please note: When ordering your books, please pay attention to publication dates. If we have a copy listed that has not yet published, you will be able to pre-order it so that you can plan ahead. However, you may also wish to order the current issue so that you have what you need in your hands right away. Supervisors and managers often order multiple copies of these books to increase patient safety and quality in their departments.
2011 Softcover Edition + bonus CD-ROM
7.4" x 4.4", 1,580+ pages
(click the button below for the very best available price for the softcover book + CD data version)
Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook is a reliable and easy-to-use source of current drug information needed by the busy health care provider.
What separates this book from others is that it includes comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration and it promotes efficient clinical use because it’s organized according to the way nurses practice. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, this book provides essential information for thousands of medications in a user-friendly format.
A bound-in mini CD-ROM includes searchable and printable drug cards for 400 drugs. A companion website provides updates on drugs recently approved by the FDA, alerts, helpful weblinks, and more.. Special features of this book include:
- Provides a comprehensive foldout IV compatibility chart with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Presents over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to provide quick and easy access.
- Distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions and lists the effect or reaction by frequency of occurrence, which allows the nurse to easily identify which are most likely to occur.
- Incorporates frequently used herb monographs in the A to Z portion of the book, plus additional herb information in the appendix. Herbal information is also cross-referenced to the appendix, as applicable.
- Covers herbal interactions within drug entries.
- Includes a classifications section with an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- Identifies the top 400 prescribed trade name drugs within the monograph to help the user identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Includes extensively expanded IV content with a heading for IV compatibilities, and expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities.
- Special, second-color icon for “High-Alert Drugs” to caution nurses to use extra care in administering drugs most likely to cause harm.
- Organizes nursing considerations in a functional nursing process framework and includes headings for Baseline Assessment, Intervention/Evaluation, and Patient/Family Teaching.
- Includes lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations, such as pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
- Includes fixed combinations in dosages of each combined drug.
- Provides a new drug supplement with abbreviated information on the latest FDA-approved drugs.
- Includes a complimentary mini CD-ROM with customizable and printable monographs of the 400 most commonly used drugs as well as an interactive drug calculator.
- Offers free access to a companion Evolve website, which includes quarterly drug updates plus other valuable drug-related information.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information is incorporated into the Interactions section and under Nursing Considerations.
- Quick-reference charts of IV infusion rates for critical care medications.
- Includes a Drugs by Disorder feature that lists the most commonly used drugs for specific disorders.
- Includes a color atlas of pills with color photos of 200 pills to allow the nurse to identify and visually distinguish different pills.
- Cross references top 400 U.S. brand name drugs directly in the main section of the book.
- Lists all newly approved drugs on the inside front cover of the book.
The PDA version is powered by Skyscape, the software offers complete, comprehensive cross-linking between all Skyscape products, a full text search function, intuitive navigation, built-in display adjustment tools, and is compatible with the Palm OS, Windows Mobile and Pocket PC as well as numerous other operating systems. The Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook (SNDH) PDA Software contains the full contents of the SNDH, available as a CD-ROM with several bonus components. The PDA version of the SNDH allows nurses to access the contents of the print version of the SNDH in clinical settings.
You may also be interested in these drug resources:
AHFS Drug Information - AHFS DI - American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, for physicians, pharmacists & practitioners
Nurse's Drug Guide - Prentice Hall, Pearson
Nursing Drug Guide - Lippincott, book, CD-ROM, PDA
Nursing Drug Handbook - Lippincott / Springhouse, book, CD, PDA
Nursing Drug Handbook - Saunders, book, CD, PDA
Nursing Drug Interactions Handbook - Springhouse
Nursing Drug Reference - Mosby, book, CD, PDA
PDR / Physician's Desk Reference - book and CD-ROM, current editions
PDR Companion Guide - current edition
PDR Drug Guide for Mental Health Professionals - current edition
PDR for Herbal Medicines - current edition
PDR Drug Guide for Mental Health Professionals - current edition
PDR for Nonprescription Drugs, Dietary Supplements & Herbs - current editions
PDR for Nutritional Supplements - up-to-date
PDR for Ophthalmic Medicines - current edition
PDR Guide to Drug Interactions, Side Effects & Indications - current edition
PDR Guide to Terrorism Response - current
PDR Nurse's Drug Handbook - current
Red Book - Thomson PDR
(information provided by the publisher)
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /