PDR Guide to Biological and Chemical Warfare Response: Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention
Medical Economics, foreword by John G. Bartlett
Medical Economics Company
(click below for the very best available price for this resource)
Are you ready to deal with a terror attack?
No one can predict which toxins could be released, but this fundamental reference will arm you with the essential facts you need to cope with over 50 of the most likely possibilities- outlining the telltale signs and symptoms of each, and summarizing the appropriate clinical response. Based on the most current medical literature, and reviewed by hundreds of experts from leading medical institutions throughout the United States, this practical guide for clinicians is the only book of its kind. A small sample of the unique information you will find:
- Diagnosis and Indicated Clinical Response - Concise overviews of biological weapons such as anthrax, Ebola, smallpox, and plague, plus chemical agents such as arsine, cyanide, mustard gas, Sarin, Tabun, and VX.
- Treatment Modalities - Key guidelines for using anthrax and smallpox vaccines, ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, gentamicin, streptomycin, and 47 other therapeutic agents.
- In-Depth Prescribing Information - Detailed data on over 20 drugs indicated for conditions induced by biological attack.
- Medical Safety - Precautions to take against biological agents, recommendations for protective clothing, and an extensive directory of clothing suppliers.
- Government Advisories - Official recommendations for prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax, the use of smallpox vaccine, and more.
You may also be interested in these drug resources:
AHFS Drug Information - AHFS DI - American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, for physicians, pharmacists & practitioners
AHFS Drug Information Essentials - ASHP for direct care professionals
Medical Drug Reference - Mosby, book & PDA
Medication Teaching Manual - ASHP, for patient education
MedTeach Software - ASHP, customizable software & teaching sheets for patient education
Nursing Drug Guide - Lippincott
Nursing Drug Guide - Springhouse
Nursing Drug Handbook - Lippincott
Nursing Drug Reference - Mosby, book, CD, or PDA
PDR - Thomson PDR
PDR Companion Guide - Thomson PDR
PDR Drug Guide for Mental Health Professionals - Thomson PDR
PDR for Nonprescription Drugs & Dietary Supplements - Thomson PDR
PDR Guide to Terrorism Response - Thomson PDR
PDR Nurse's Drug Handbook - Thomson PDR
Red Book - Thomson PDR
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /