Public Health Administration: Principles of Population-Based Management, 2nd Edition
Lloyd Novick, MD, MPH, Glen Mays, PhD, MPH, Cynthia B. Morrow, MD
Hardcover: 700 pages
Jones & Bartlett
(click the button below for the very best available price)
Expert contributors draw on first hand experience and leading-edge research, assembling the information required for effective managerial decision-making.
This shorter, more user-friendly edition of Public Health Administration will provide your students with a comprehensive understanding of the principles, practices, and skills essential to successful public health administration.
The second edition has been thoroughly revised and includes new information on the Healthy People 2010 objectives as well as two new chapters on bioterrorism and emergency preparedness; and public health systems research. The chapter on public health law has been thoroughly revised by the nation’s top public health law expert. You may sample this book here:
Other updates include coverage of the most recent reports issued by the Institute of Medicine as well as analysis on the relationships between public health and the healthcare services with a particular focus on the uninsured. Topics fully covered include:
- Defining Public Health: Historical and Contemporary Developments
- A Framework for Public Health Administration and Practice
- Organization of the Public Health Delivery System
- Public Health Law
- Ethics in Public Health Practice and Management
- Legislative Relations in Public Health
- Financing the Public’s Health
- The Public Health Workforce
- Human Resources Management
- Leadership for Public Health
- Public Health Data Acquisition
- Geographic Information Systems for Public Health
- Using Information Systems for Public Health Administration
- Public Health Surveillance
- Assessment & Strategic Planning in Public Health
- Building Constituencies for Public Health
- Performance Management: The Evolution of Standards, Measurement, and Quality Improvement in Public Health
- Evaluation of Public Health Interventions
- Community-Based Prevention
- Communication and Media Relations
- Public Health Education and Health Promotion
- Using Marketing in Public Health
- Roles and Responsibilities of Public Health in Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Evidence for the Future
Lloyd F. Novick, MD, MPH is Director of the Division of Community Health and Preventive Medicine at The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Cynthia Morrow, MD, MPH is Director of Preventive Services at the Onondaga County Health Department and Assistant Professor of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Glen P. Mays, PhD, MPH is Associate Professor, Vice Chair, and Director of Research at the Department of Health Policy and Management in the Fay W. Boozman College of Public Health at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
You may also be interested in / Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Gift Ideas & Recommended Gifts / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /