The Long-Term Care State Operations Manual
Softbound Book, 720 pages + downloadable forms
Size: 8.5" x 11"
(click the button below for the best currently available price for this important resource)
Updated to reflect changes under the MDS 3.0, CAAs, and CMS Forms 672, 802, and 805, The Long-Term Care State Operations Manual features all the critical information you need to stay compliant with CMS survey regulations. CMS' recent revisions to Appendix PP include clarification and additional changes to the following F-tags:
- F274: Revisions to the criteria for what constitutes a significant change
- F286: Revisions to the information regarding storage of the MDS
- F287: Revisions regarding transmission of data
- F301: Updated to reflect MDS 3.0 ADL coding conventions
- F309: Updated to include evaluation of whether or not a facility completed a Significant Change in Status Assessment when a resident elected or revoked the hospice benefit
- F314: Updated to reflect MDS 3.0 definitions for pressure ulcer stages
- F441: Revisions to investigative protocol for infection control regarding standard precautions for routine testing of blood glucose
- F495, F496, and F497: Revisions regarding nurse aide training mandated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010. Now training must include initial and annual dementia management and patient abuse prevention training for all nurse aides.
In addition to updating the references to reflect the MDS 3.0 and CAAs, Appendix PP also contains the revised CMS Forms 672, 802, and 805. The Long-Term Care State Operations Manual features all the critical information you need to know to stay compliant with CMS survey regulations. Updated with the revisions to F-Tags #323: Accidents and Supervision and #373: Paid Feeding Assistants! This resource has an updated focus on:
Latest revision to F441, Infection Control
Fall and elopement prevention programs
Investigation of accidents and accident reporting
Feeding assistant supervision and training
Selection of appropriate residents to receive paid feeding assistance
No need to sift through CMS' massive online documents, waiting for files to download. This manual puts the information at your fingertips and provides convenient, direct access to download CMS' revised forms online. This manual gives you exactly what you need with a bonus website containing downloadable easy-to-use forms directly from CMS.
The Long-Term Care State Operations Manual and accompanying downloadable forms provides word-for-word CMS regulatory guidance and forms on virtually every aspect of a nursing home’s annual state survey, including:
Each F-tag and its accompanying surveyor guidance
Scope and severity for each possible deficiency
Essential CMS forms to download and use
In addition to using it for survey preparation, you'll turn to The Long-Term Care State Operations Manual for staff training, policy making, risk management, and MDS reimbursement guidance. Save yourself time and hassle with this cost-effective alternative.
The Long-Term Care State Operations Manual provides word-for-word CMS regulatory guidance and forms on virtually every aspect of a nursing home's annual state survey. With this manual you will be able to:
- Stay compliant with complete access to all recent F-tag revisions
- Save time searching and downloading extensive government documents by using word-for-word CMS regulatory guidance and forms on virtually every aspect of a nursing home’s annual state survey
- Manage risk by understanding the scope and severity for each possible deficiency
- Download and use all essential CMS forms to ensure thorough survey preparation
With more than 18 years of experience, HCPro, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated information, education, training, and consulting products and services in the vital areas of healthcare regulation and compliance. The company's mission is to meet the specialized informational, advisory, and educational needs of the healthcare industry. As an acknowledged industry authority in healthcare regulation and compliance, HCPro focuses on providing its clients assistance and expertise in the areas of accreditation, medical staff affairs, credentialing, privileging, medical record management, regulatory compliance, nursing, quality/patient safety, infection control, and workplace safety.
You may also be interested in / The Directory of Healthcare Recruiters /
Jump to a Book List / Health Administration & Leadership / Physician Executive, Medical Staff & Practice Management / Finance, Accounting, Economics, Billing & Reimbursement / Coding for Hospital, Physician & Clinical Services / Law, Malpractice, Ethics, Accreditation & Compliance / Quality Improvement, Outcomes & Customer Service / Risk Management, Security, Error Reduction & Patient Safety / Information Systems, Technology & Medical Records / Clinical Management & Executive Nursing / Behavioral Health, Social Work & Psychiatry Management / Human Resources, Management & Supervision / Directories, Data, Trends & Benchmarks / Software & CD-ROMs / Journals, Magazines & Newsletters / Search for Books / Books Index /